November 7, 2009

Call for papers!


This is a call for papers for the December, 2009 issue of The Dying Art.

Since this is the first issue, I understand that it will be difficult to determine exactly what I am looking for. The mission of this journal is to create a collaborating community of writers in overlooked genres. If you are writing Science Fiction, Horror, Adventure, or Fantasy; submit a work. Poets are invited to submit the sort of work they feel is overlooked in current literary trends. Those that are selected will create a ground for the furthering of our greater conversation.

If you submit work, you agree that:
-This journal may publish it online and in print.
-The work is your own.


Any work you submit is still considered your property. Feel free to publish it elsewhere or submit it anywhere else.


Fiction Submissions:
Between 500-15000 words. Please edit your work carefully before submission.


Currently, I would urge you to send in fictional works in the genres of:
-Fantasy
-Horror
-Science Fiction
-Adventure


Selections will be made on the basis of literary value, entertainment value, and inventiveness.


Poetry Submissions:
Between 10-5000 words. Please be sure to note if the poem is formatted in a way that may not transfer correctly in simple text.
Currently, I would urge you to send in any under appreciated form of poetry- but I'd really like to see a ballad.


Send your submission in .doc or .rtf format. Submit everything to:
submissions.dyingartjournal@gmail.com


Submit no more than three works in a month.


Thank you,
Alex Friedman
Contributing Editor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alex,
I have something to submit. Is MS Word appropriate? In what style would you like me to send my story? Times New Roman, Courier, 12pt. font, double spaced and centered? You can reach me at chazoshark@yahoo.com. Right now I do not have a blog.

Thanks,

Charles

Alex Friedman said...

I sent you a more detailed email, but for anyone else with the same questions-

-Any common font is fine.
-Spacing and alignment are up to you.
-MS Word, .doc, .rtf, even open office formats are fine for submissions.


In general I do not intend to let little things like these to get in the way of a good submission.

Thanks for asking.